Sunday, August 5, 2012

PFW: Market Fresh

Before I left for Greece, my mom, sisters and I enjoyed another Party Food Wednesday/Downton Abbey night.

My mom and I decided on a menu while perusing the farmer's market a few days earlier. We picked up some local orange blossom honey, a few pears, leeks, asparagus, and green tomatoes. I decided to repeat the leek toasts with bleu cheese that I got from Smitten Kitchen, and try out a few new recipes.

The first crostini recipe I found in a Weight Watcher's cookbook. I sauteed sliced pears in a little drizzle of olive oil. Then I topped them with a crumble of bleu cheese, prosciutto and a drizzle of honey. Delicious!




With the rest of the prosciutto, we wrapped some asparagus and tossed them into a grill pan for a few minutes. I hadn't had any sushi since moving home, so mom picked up a few rolls to lighten our cooking load. Then she started on the fried green tomatoes.


Her recipe has a little kick to it, which I love. 




Our next PFW will come from my Grandmother's house. Get ready for that craziness.
m

p.s. Meet the newest member of my household. Amos! I named him after a character from one of my favorite children's books.

I hope he never stops sitting like this


1 comment: