Tuesday, May 15, 2012

delightful


Today I had lunch at my mom's with her and my Grandmother, whom I call "Grandmother". They have lunch like this a few times a week, with a fully set table, a salad and un-sweet tea. Today my mom made a broccoli chicken casserole and a wedge salad, with homegrown cucumbers and tomatoes and homemade bleu cheese dressing.


As Phil Dunphy would say, it was "delightful."



homemade bleu cheese dressing:

(makes 2 1/2c)
3/4c sour cream
1/2t dry mustard
scant garlic powder
1t Worcestershire sauce
1 1/3c mayo
s+p
blend with mixer and add 4oz crumbled bleu cheese. I would probably make a few substitutions, like greek yogurt for mayo, but this recipe is delicious as is.


Oh, and don't worry about the layout. I'm going to play around with it some more later, so it won't look like this for long.

m

No comments:

Post a Comment